3 CLASS COURSE
Our 3 class course is designed to be taught through the overarching lens of how to share a narrative through photography while empowering students with the important reminder that their stories matter and their perspectives are unique and powerful.
Through our custom interactive lectures, camera and photo activities, and group discussions, each class focuses on our three key benchmarks of composition, photography, and storytelling to teach the following classes:
- Foundations of Photography: Students get to know the camera and each other. They learn how to write a narrative with images by learning the importance of composition in photography and storytelling and how to take great pictures through our custom camera tool-belt exercises.
- Creative Expression: Students learn how and why emotions are powerful when communicated through an image. Students explore their own unique stories through activities and exercises that help them process their past, reflect on the present, and look to the future, encouraging them to embrace their storylines with wholeness and a passion for growth.
- Your Role in the World: Students learn portraiture as an art form to self-express and communicate an idea, story, emotion, perspective, or self-view. Students also learn how to create central themes to tell big picture stories as their story relates to the world.
SNAPSHOT PROJECT KIT
Based on a decade of experience, we have packaged up our program to provide an all-inclusive kit that equips you to lead a 100cameras project with the confidence, tools, and structures that have been used by our team across the world. The cost for a 3 class Snapshot kit is $2,000 USD and includes the following:
- 3 Classroom Lesson Plans designed to meet educational programming standards (digital)
- All supporting materials such as slideshows, student worksheets, and graduation certificates (digital)
- Classroom assessment tools to track the growth of each student and project's impact (digital)
- Point-and-shoot cameras (10)
- SD memory cards (10)
- Camera cases (10)
- Student journals (10)
- Curriculum tutorials and Q&A with 100cameras staff
- Field support before, during, and after the project
- Management of online project webpage at 100cameras.org and photo sales gallery
HOW IT WORKS
If you or your school, after-school center, or enrichment program are interested in bringing this experience to students you know and love, please follow these next steps:
1. DOWNLOAD OVERVIEW
Includes full course description, materials needed, qualifications for leader and partner organization.
Upon reading our course overview, we invite you to complete our online application of interest.
COMPLETED: SNAPSHOT-3 PROJECTS
Click on the image below to learn more about each Snapshot Project.